Parts Stocker 2
This position performs a variety of routine shipping tasks, including picking, packaging, loading and unloading shipments. Production tasks include material handling, assembling and packing product.
Most of the work is performed in a warehouse environment. The employee may regularly work near moving mechanical parts, in an area with moderate noise levels. Steel-toe boots are required. Must be able to work harnessed to lifts to >than 6' above ground.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Making sure paper work and computer have the proper information on the incoming parts.
- Open every box to ensure the part is correct and not damaged.
- Able to communicate with sales, accounting and other departments as needed.
- Box and label parts as need.
- Input work orders into the computer.
- Assign primary and secondary location in warehouse.
- Unpack, sort, count and label parts that are to be received.
- Receive and unload a variety of incoming trucks.
- Responsible for accurately receiving, reporting and distributing purchased items.
- Inspect product for vendor labels then re-box and/or remove labels.
- Stock shelves and secondary locations in warehouse.
- Operate hand trucks, pallet jacks and/or different styles of fork lifts in loading and unloading racks and trucks.
- Operate shrink-wrap machine, card board baler and sealer.
- Operate steel and poly strapping tools when banding parts and pallets.
- Put away parts that come from other shops.
- Inspect product for damages and notify supervisor.
- Notify supervisor of any problems with orders.
- Follows all departmental procedures and policies. Recommends changes to procedure for supervisor approval.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations; keeps work environment clean and free of hazard.
Qualifications and Capabilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent, preferred.
- 1-3 years materials management experience, preferred.
- Computer experience necessary to use computer workstation or tablet, keyboard and visual display terminal.
- Background check required.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry, bend, stoop, reach and climb ladders. Move up to 600 lbs using a pallet jack.
- Ability to exert 50-100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20-50 pounds of force frequently.
- Ability to stand and walk around the warehouse to stock bins.
- Must be able to work harnessed to lifts to >than 6' above ground.
- The ability to listen to and understand information through spoken words and sentences.
- Finger, hand, and wrist dexterity.
- Ability to use a forklift, scissor lift or other warehouse equipment in performing job duties.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical.
Competitive compensation based on levels of experience and productivity.
Health Insurance (Traditional and High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP).
Health Savings Accounts with a Company contribution (must be enrolled in HDHP).
Company paid Life Insurance (including Dependent Life Insurance)
401(k) Retirement Plan with company match.
Voluntary Benefits include Short and Long Term Disability and Supplemental Life Insurance.
Application Form Waiver:
I certify that the information contained in this application is correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that to falsify information is grounds for refusing to hire me, or for discharge should I be hired.
I authorize any person, organization or company listed on this application to furnish you any and all information concerning my previous employment, education and qualifications for employment. I also authorize you to request and receive such information.
In consideration for my employment, I agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the company, which may be changed, withdrawn, added or interpreted at any time, at the company’s sole option and without prior notice to me.
I also acknowledge that my employment may be terminated, or any offer or acceptance of employment withdrawn, at any time, with or without cause, and with or without prior notice at the option of the company or myself.
I understand that Abilene Machine has a drug and alcohol policy that provides for pre-employment testing as well as testing after employment. I understand that consent to and compliance with this policy is a condition of employment. I also understand that employment may be based on the successful passing of job-related physical requirements.
Abilene Machine is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. Employment opportunities are solely based on your qualifications for the position.
Abilene Machine uses E-Verify to confirm work eligibility.
If you accept terms and conditions of this waiver, click to proceed with your application.