This position is responsible for the fabrication of parts or components for resale to retail or wholesale customers.
Most of the work is performed in an industrial, non-climate controlled environment. The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work area is normally moderate, but may occasionally exceed moderate levels. Protective eye wear may be required during welding and cutting.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up and operate the following machines; punch press, press brake, grinder, cutting torch, mig (metal inert gas) welder, spot welder, hand brakes, band saw.
- Position, align, fit, de-burr, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blue prints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
- Verify conformance of work pieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes.
- Tack-weld fitted parts together.
- Lay out and examine metal stock or work pieces to be processed to ensure that specifications are met.
- Study engineering drawings and blueprints to determine materials requirements and task sequences.
- Operate a forklift to move or re position equipment or materials during fabrication process.
- Follows and enforces all safety rules and regulations; keeps work environment clean and free of hazards.
Qualifications and Capabilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Six months fabrication or welding experience preferred.
- Prior mechanical or agriculture experience preferred.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to frequently lift, carry, bend, stoop and/or reach. Ability to exert 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently (Level 4 Heavy Work).
- Ability to stand and walk sufficient to move about work area.
- Ability to see details at close range.
- Finger, hand, and wrist dexterity sufficient to manipulate hand tools, powered equipment and welders.
Competitive compensation based on levels of experience and productivity.
Health Insurance (Traditional and High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP).
Health Savings Accounts with a Company contribution (must be enrolled in HDHP).
Company paid Life Insurance (including Dependent Life Insurance)
401(k) Retirement Plan with company match.
Voluntary Benefits include Short and Long Term Disability and Supplemental Life Insurance.
Application Form Waiver:
I certify that the information contained in this application is correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that to falsify information is grounds for refusing to hire me, or for discharge should I be hired.
I authorize any person, organization or company listed on this application to furnish you any and all information concerning my previous employment, education and qualifications for employment. I also authorize you to request and receive such information.
In consideration for my employment, I agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the company, which may be changed, withdrawn, added or interpreted at any time, at the company’s sole option and without prior notice to me.
I also acknowledge that my employment may be terminated, or any offer or acceptance of employment withdrawn, at any time, with or without cause, and with or without prior notice at the option of the company or myself.
I understand that Abilene Machine has a drug and alcohol policy that provides for pre-employment testing as well as testing after employment. I understand that consent to and compliance with this policy is a condition of employment. I also understand that employment may be based on the successful passing of job-related physical requirements. I also understand that The Company may use E-verify to confirm work eligibility.
Abilene Machine is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. Employment opportunities are solely based on your qualifications for the position.
If you accept terms and conditions of this waiver, click to proceed with your application.