This position performs a variety of routine shipping tasks, with special focus on the ability to do truck freight, bills of lading and UPS shipments.
Most of the work is performed in a warehouse environment. The employee may regularly work near moving mechanical parts, in an area with moderate noise levels. Steel-toe boots are required.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Pull order for shipment in accordance with pick pack slip and customer requirements.
- Experience using software designed to track warehouse inventory.
- Assure parts or correctly sorted, counted and labeled prior to shipping.
- Make appropriate copies of documentation and route to appropriate department.
- Inspect product for damage and notify supervisor of problems.
- Operate steel and poly strapping tools when banding parts and pallets.
- Use hand tools to build pallets or framing for shipment.
- Operate hand trucks, pallet jacks and/or different styles of fork lifts when pulling from racks and/or loading a variety of trucks.I
Qualifications and Capabilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 2-5 years materials management experience, preferred.
- Pass and maintain forklift certification.
- Must be able to perform basic math calculations, add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use measurement tools, tapes and rulers.
- Is Safety oriented and follows established safety program.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical lift requirement.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry, bend, stoop, reach, climb ladders, and exert 50-100 pounds. (Level 4 - Heavy Work) Move up to 600 lbs using a pallet jack.
- Ability to mount and dismount forklift and powered equipment.
- Ability to stand and walk around the warehouse to stock bins.
- Ability to use computer workstation, including keyboard and visual display terminal.
- Finger, hand, and wrist dexterity sufficient to manipulate power and hand tools..
- Ability to see detail at close range.
Competitive compensation based on levels of experience and productivity.
Health Insurance (Traditional and High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP).
Health Savings Accounts with a Company contribution (must be enrolled in HDHP).
Company paid Life Insurance (including Dependent Life Insurance)
401(k) Retirement Plan with company match.
Voluntary Benefits include Short and Long Term Disability and Supplemental Life Insurance.
Application Form Waiver:
I certify that the information contained in this application is correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that to falsify information is grounds for refusing to hire me, or for discharge should I be hired.
I authorize any person, organization or company listed on this application to furnish you any and all information concerning my previous employment, education and qualifications for employment. I also authorize you to request and receive such information.
In consideration for my employment, I agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the company, which may be changed, withdrawn, added or interpreted at any time, at the company’s sole option and without prior notice to me.
I also acknowledge that my employment may be terminated, or any offer or acceptance of employment withdrawn, at any time, with or without cause, and with or without prior notice at the option of the company or myself.
I understand that Abilene Machine has a drug and alcohol policy that provides for pre-employment testing as well as testing after employment. I understand that consent to and compliance with this policy is a condition of employment. I also understand that employment may be based on the successful passing of job-related physical requirements.
Abilene Machine is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. Employment opportunities are solely based on your qualifications for the position. We E-Verify.
If you accept terms and conditions of this waiver, click to proceed with your application.